As members in good standing of The Building Industry Association of New York City, Inc. (BIANYC), we believe in, and accept, the responsibilities and obligations inherent in providing housing and its related infrastructure. Basic to these ethical beliefs, we support the following objectives:
1. To conduct business affairs with professionalism and skill.
2. To provide the best housing value possible.
3. To protect the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction practices backed by integrity and service.
4. To provide housing with high standards of safety, sanitation and livability.
5. To meet all financial obligations in a responsible manner.
6. To comply with the spirit and letter of business contracts, and manage employees, subcontractors and suppliers with fairness and honor.
7. To keep informed regarding public policies and other essential information, which affect our business interests and those of the building industry as a whole.
8. To comply with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and welfare of the community.
9. To keep honesty as our guiding business policy.
10. To provide timely response to the items covered under warranty.
11. To seek to resolve controversies through a non-litigation dispute-resolution mechanism.
12. To support and abide by the decisions of the association in promoting and enforcing this Code of Ethics.
Members assume the responsibilities in this Code of Ethics freely and solemnly and are mindful that these responsibilities are a part of their obligations as members of The Building Industry Association, of New York City, Inc.
We also believe that home ownership should be within reach of all Americans. Finally, because we hold inviolate the free enterprise system and American way of life, we pledge our support to our associates, our local, state and national associations, and all related industries concerned with the preservation of inalienable rights and freedoms.